Yup. I caved. I bought Tyranids. I made the mistake of watching Starship Troopers and getting all excited about bugs in space.
Incoming first is the first 5 Gargoyles to test out my ideas for a hive fleet Behemoth variation. I think they have come out nicely and were relatively fast to paint because it’s all just red really.
I wanted to do something a little different on the carapace and I think this design works quite well and is fairly easy to paint – it’s also fun because each one is different so it definitely breaks up the monotony of painting troops. Maybe I can extend the idea a little further on the bigger beasts. I’ll get a chance to try it out when I do the Hive Tyrant next.
For the red skin I tried to add a little colour variety by using slightly purple shading and more orange highlights and I think it looks good. It’s not quite as dynamic as I would like but I don’t know how to push it much further without ruining the strong red colour.
Until next time, bye the noo!